We're happy to announce that BlogJet 2.5 if out of beta and the final release is available now. Since the first beta version of BlogJet 2.5 (released last December) there are many improvements which can be classified into five areas: unicode, spelling, pages, categories and tags, and recent posts.
BlogJet now has full Unicode support, so you can write blog posts in any language, and even mix languages.
BlogJet 2.5 has a brand new spell checker which supports live spelling and many options (including auto correction).
Support for creating and editing pages on WordPress, MovableType and TypePad blogs.
Categories and Tags
Support for creating and deleting categories on WordPress blogs and fetching server-side tags.
BlogJet 2.5 introduces the new modeless Recent Posts window with sidebar, which supports multiple blogs and pages. Under blog titles there are “Posts” and “Pages” items. Also, you can select mutiple posts or pages for bulk deletion.
Here is the list of what's new in BlogJet 2.5 since the last official release, 188.8.131.52:
- Full unicode support.
- New spell checker with live spelling and many options (including auto correction).
- Clean theme that looks native in Vista and Windows 7.
- View Details in WYSIWYG editor.
- Ability to toggle word wrap in code editor.
- Automatic closing of tags in code editor.
- TypePad image uploading problem solved.
- Support for creating and editing pages on WordPress, MovableType, and TypePad blogs.
- New modeless Recent Posts to support multiple blogs and pages with sidebar. Under blog titles there are “Posts” and “Pages” items.
- You can select type of new posts using “Post”/”Page” buttons in status bar.
- Multiple selection of posts or pages (useful for bulk deletion).
- Ability to create new categories and delete them (WordPress only)
- Show and select server-side tags (WordPress only)
You can download BlogJet 2.5 from its product page. This update is free for registered customers. New users can get a free 30-day trial version.